Breakfast is the most important meal of the day. It is advised that one should never skip this meal. People who take breakfast daily are considered to be maintaining a healthy life. And cereals are one of the best food to have for breakfast. Cereals are of two types; Whole and Processed.
Whole cereals are preferred over the refined and processed ones. The Processed cereals contain a high amount of sugar. Whole cereals are a healthy option to kick start the day. They have excellent nutritive value.
Refining the cereals reduces the nutritive content. Hence, the whole cereals are highly preferred for their nutritious profile. Cereals are inexpensive and easily available across the world.
Cereals: The best food to have in breakfast
- They are an excellent source of complex carbohydrates. They break down slowly thus releasing sufficient amounts of glucose to produce energy in the body. Apart from providing carbohydrates, cereal food is a rich source of other nutrients like calcium, sodium, iron, magnesium, fiber and protein. They are enriched with niacin, riboflavin, and thiamine.
- They contain soluble bran which helps in lowering blood cholesterol level. Lower cholesterol levels in the body aids in maintaining cardiac health and keep cardiac problems at bay.
- Generally, cereal foods are accompanied with milk so as to have a balanced meal. Cereals are protein and fibre rich. Consuming these nutrients in the morning makes the stomach full. Cereals contain both soluble and insoluble fibres.
- They improve intestinal peristalsis. Fibre rich food prevents constipation and boosts healthy digestive system. Also, cereals effectively increase the bulk of the stools. Thus, they keep the internal system clean. Apart from this, the fibre content reduces the speed of glucose secretion in the body and helps in maintaining blood glucose levels.
- Vitamin content of the cereals helps to combat vitamin B complex deficiency thereby making it a great food to start the day. Cereals contain enzymes. The fat content of the in this food group is also very low. These are rich in phytosterols which are plant-based estrogens. It binds the estrogen receptor and prevents breast cancer by blocking human estrogen. The oil extracted from cereals is rich in Vitamin E, so adding a bowl of cereals in the diet especially during breakfast is a great way to start the day.
- The nutritional value of the sprouted cereals is high. It is stripped off during the process of refining and hence, refined cereal foods are low in nutritive profile whereas whole cereals are healthy and nutritious.
Make delicious breakfast recipes by picking healthy cereal as an option. They taste great and have immense health benefits. In this fast life, time for preparing the breakfast may be less and hence, readymade breakfast cereals are a great option to add to the busy schedule.
Choose breakfast cereals from the organic manufacturers so that you can get complete benefit of the cereal foods. These organic foods are free from synthetic fertilizers and pesticides thus making them healthier for consumption. Varieties of options are available in breakfast cereals, try something new each day.